How Are Composite Doors Made?
Residential doors have gone through a lot of changes over the years, including the technology and the materials they are made from.
Whereas previously wood was the go-to material for doors, uPVC quickly took over, offering higher durability and energy-efficiency.
Today, the composite door is one of the most popular door types.
Unlike other single-material doors, composite doors are made from various materials, specifically chosen for their individual qualities, resulting in a more robust product. Here at Classic PVC, our doors are made out of fibreglass and polyurethane.
Thanks to their superior strength, composite doors offer greater security, insulation, and durability, unmatched by its counterparts.
But how are composite doors made exactly?
Let’s take a closer look.
What are composite doors made from?
Composite doors are the result of combining various components, that are pressed and glued together to create an extremely durable and long-lasting material.
The construction process of a composite door may vary depending on the style or design you choose. But generally composite doors are made in this process:
- The first thing that is built is the frame of the door, cut to specific measurements. The frame of the door will typically be made from reinforced structural members.
- The inner frame is placed to fit the outer frame.
- The next thing to be added is the locks, hinges, and latches.
- Generally made from durable glass-reinforced plastic, the front and back faces of the door will be attached.
- The finishing touches of the door will then be added. This includes the cutting and fitting of any windows.
- The door is now finished and ready to be delivered.
Installing a composite door
Choosing to install a composite door is also investing in your home’s security. What’s more, this type of door offers far better insulation, durability and longevity. By fusing different materials together, the flaws of single-material doors can be essentially ‘designed out’.
Now that you have decided to have composite doors installed, it’s time to choose a professional and trusted installer.
Here at Classic PVC, we always aim to deliver a first-class service, supplying the finest products. We put quality first, so you can be confident that a door from Classic PVC is one that is built to last.